Date: Sep 23, 2017 11:37 AM
Author: Conway
Subject: Re: 0 = 1

On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 9:13:48 AM UTC-5, Me wrote:
> On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 3:34:16 PM UTC+2, Conway wrote:
>

> > If 0 IS something. What then is it?
>
> It's a number, a _mathematical_ object.
>

> > Dimension ...
>
> Usually we don't consider numbers to be objects "located" in space-time. Moroever we usually don't assume that they have an extension or a weight or whatever. With other words, no dimension, space, etc. connected just with the number _as such_.
>
> If we have n =/= m for n, m e IN. We do not assume that the two numbers have different "locations", etc. We just assume that the ARE different (not identical) which is a pure "logical" or "mathematical" concept in this case.
>
> What we *do* know (or assume, or deduce) is that there certain mathematical RELATIONS hold between numbers, for examle 0 < 1 < 2, etc.

Me....of course this is well understood....USEUALLY....but usually doesn't mean impossible. Just as you stated...

"we do know, there is certain relations hold between numbers".......come on... that is space....dimension....whatever.....agreed a better definition is needed here. But the "philosophical" logic is there. I might not be able to measure 0, but it has dimension...because it exists on the number line. A line is dimension. It is only that some dimension are beyond our ability to measure.