Date: Sep 23, 2017 1:51 PM
Author: Conway
Subject: Re: 0 = 1

On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 12:25:41 PM UTC-5, Me wrote:
> > to "some" extent you KNOW what I mean by space and value...
>
> Actually, at least *I* don't have the slightes idea what this notions mean in the context of /numbers/ (considered as certain mathematical objects). Moreover, your exposition doesn't seem to be very coherent (to say the least).
>

> > I can "see" the space of zero on ANY number line.
>
> *sigh* It's a mathematical fact: for any two real numbers a and b: if a =/= b, then there is a "distance" between a and b: d := |a - b| > 0, where d is a real number. Hence for any real number a =/= 0, there *is* a distance d := |a| between 0 and a. I guess this is what you are refering to as /space/.
>
> Hint: Mathematical facts do not depend on what "we" can /see/ (or not see). For example, AP can't _see_ that cone sections are ellipses. Still, they are.

Me....point well taken regarding the "see"-ing of mathematics. I understand your cone section are ellipses example perfectly.

Now consider....there is an infinite amount of numbers "between" numbers on the line. If then you agree there is also "space" between these numbers....then we can see how space and value are "interchangeable". One is with-in the other. WE can show how a number is composed of space and of value on all number lines.