Date: Oct 5, 2017 1:39 AM
Author: zelos.malum@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Irrefutable proofs that both Dedekind and Cauchy did not produce<br> any valid construction of the mythical "real" number

Den onsdag 4 oktober 2017 kl. 20:52:33 UTC+2 skrev John Gabriel:
> On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 14:43:39 UTC-4, Markus Klyver wrote:

> > > Of course they are monkey!

> > No, they aren't. They don't satisfy the axioms a Dedekind cut should satisfy.

> > > Dedekind Cut: A set partition of the rational numbers into two nonempty subsets L and R, such that all members of L are less than those of R and such that L has no greatest member.
> > >
> > > Any cut of the form
> > >
> > > (m, k) U (k, n) where m < k and k < n
> > >
> > > is EQUIVALENT to
> > >
> > > (-oo, k) U (k, oo) where k is not a rational number.
> > >
> > > So I can rewrite the cut (-oo, k) U (k, oo) as:
> > >
> > > (-oo,m] U (m, k) U (k, n) U [n, oo)
> > >
> > > Since my proof deals only with (m, k) U (k, n), it does not matter that the tail parts (-oo,m) and (n, oo) are discarded because those parts are not used or affected by the proof. The union (m, k) U (k, n) can be chosen as I please with any rational numbers assigned to m and n.
> > >
> > > I suppose that if you morons had actually tried to understand the proof, you would have noticed I set an exercise for you to complete which helps explain the proof.

> > You forgot that a Dedekind cut must be closed downwards as well as upwards. Your sets fail this criteria.

> Rubbish. My sets do meet the criteria.

They do not, for fuck say you retarded bastard.

One of the criteria for a dedekinds cut of rational numbers is that if p is in L, and q is a rational number such that q<p, then q is ALSO in L, yet in all your L_n that property is false, cause I can always find a q that is not in them but less than a p, hey, yours even have a minimum and infinitum, neither of which exists in a dedekinds lower cut because of forementioned reason.

So how can yours satisfy the definition of dedekinds cuts, when dedekinds cuts say that for every rational q<p, with p in L, then q is in L, yet yours fail that miseribly? THat is the definition of a contradiction.