Date: Oct 5, 2017 3:09 PM
Author: bursejan@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Finally the discussion is over: S = Lim S is a bad definition.

Thats a little bit far fetched.

Decimal representation is a more narrow notion than series.
Decimal repreentations are only series of the form:

d0.d1 d2 d3 .... with di in {0,..,9}

Or if you want you can write it:

d0 + d1/10 + d2/100 + d3/1000 + ...

You "decimal" means 10, so this a base 10 digit series.
On the otherhand this one here is not a decimal, base 10,
representation:

1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 + ... = 1

Got it?