Date: Oct 6, 2017 6:26 AM
Author: plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
Subject: silly chapter in math history of the buffoons with .999...=1 Re: We<br> instantly recognize 200/3 = 66+2/3, why do we fail with 2/3 written as .6666(+2/3)

On Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 2:25:06 AM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> Alright, I am delighted that Newton stumbled upon this idea of a remainder in a number. He called it a Compleat Quotient, which is highly appropriate. Of course Newton needed it for series work.
>
> I need it because the Reals of Old Math are shoddily represented, getting people all fouled up, all messed up, all screwed up with certain numbers like .33333333...... or .9999999......

Alright, what I missed previously in posts was the addition sign, within the number itself.

There are few teachers of math that present numbers as such 33+1/3 for some reason they prefer 33.333.... and therein lies the error, for 33+1/3 is not 33.3333.... but rather is 33.33(+1/3)

When we never write the vague expression .99999..... which gets all those greenhorns of logic bungled up, and when they finally realized that it should be written .9999..99(+9/9) which is in fact equal to 1.

So, the entire crazy episode in math where looney tunes thought .999.... = 1, could have all been avoided if mathematicians just insisted upon proper writing of numbers.

Like Newton said COMPLEAT the goddam Quoteint, or words to that effect. Do not be spending 2 centuries over endless vituperative exchanges when you simply are a buffoon in writing the number properly.

The number 1/3, is not .3333...... but is .3333...33(+1/3) and if you multiply that by 3 you get

.33333..33(+3/3) which is 1.

Now, if mathematicians had done this after Newton, Compleat Quotient, then, that would have prevented Cantor from his diagonal stupidity. It would have saved Cantor, because he could not craft a argument of a missing Real, if you have a suffix fraction in most Real numbers.

Cantor, if he properly wrote the Reals, could never do a diagonal argument because what do you do when a diagonal reaches the suffix (+1/3) in 1/3.

And, the Suffix would have saved both Cauchy and Dedekind with their silly definitions of Reals.

The only type of number left standing, due to a suffix, are Grid Numbers. Numbers developed by expanding a Grid, where all numbers that exist are visible, and none is mysterious, none special, for all are of equal importance.

What Newton started in 1687 with Compleat Quotient as a suffix ending would have spared many a mathematician after Newton, if they just simply followed his lead.

AP