Date: Jul 3, 2002 10:52 AM
Author: mark
Subject: Re: Trisection

Thanks for the kind words John. I'm afraid this is a case of "have CAD
system -will play". It's the result of taking the word impossible as a
challenge. The accuracy does vary with the size of the given angle and
the quality of the first guess. The smaller the given angle the
better. My error calculations were based on a medium sized angle (60
degrees) and fair first guess (25 degrees). However, even a 90 deg.
angle and a poor guess (45 degrees) yields a first iteration of 30.021
deg. and a second iteration within 10E-7.