Date: Apr 27, 2000 7:58 PM
Author: Jon Roberts
Subject: Re: proof in geometry

Hi Maria,

I have used dynamic/interactive geometry for many years and a schema that I
use in approaching proof with students from year 7 to 12 goes like this.

Experience
Investigate <---> Conjecture
Believe
Prove

The important step regarding proof is the movement from Belief to Proof and
I describe "Proof" to my students as the wider communication of a personal
belief.

It works.

Regards,

Jon Roberts