Date: Apr 20, 1995 5:05 PM
Author: Richard Kimball
Subject: k-8 Preservice Mathematics Courses

	I currently teach a fairly standard two semester content math course
for k-8 teachers in training. My colleague in the Education
Department teaches a junior level one semester course with an ed-psych
prerequisite on methods of teaching math in elementary school.

We are considering the possibilites of combining these classes and
including a lab portion. We are interested in hearing from or about anyone
who has tried something like this and learning about their
experience.

Richard L. Kimball, Professor of Mathematics
and Coordinator of Department of Mathematics and Physics

University of Maine at Presque Isle (207) 768-9637
Presque Isle, ME 04769

kimball@polaris.umpi.maine.edu