Date: Apr 25, 1995 5:57 PM
Author: Laura Petersen
Subject: Group interdependence activities

I'm looking for short ten minute hopefully mathematically oriented group
activities whose primary goal is to build group interdependence rather
than to learn a mathematical skill/concept. The students are adults of
mixed ages (18-60), sex, socioeconomic background, culture, schooling,
and race. The mathematical level of the students is also mixed, you can
only assume they can do arithmetic and that they have a calender.

In the past I've used activities from the Berkeley Equals program with
great success and the standard cooperative learning stuff from Johnson
and Johnson. I'm getting bored and need some new ideas.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

--Laura

Laura Petersen petersen@lcsc.edu

Division of Natural Sciences PHONE 208-799-2484
Lewis-Clark State College FAX 208-799-2064
500 8th Avenue
Lewiston ID 83501-2698 USA