Date: Feb 16, 1995 10:15 AM
Author: Linda Coutts
Subject: Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II sequence

Does anyone know of any research dealing with the sequence of Algebra I,
Geometry, Algebra II? I received a letter from a teacher in our state
wondering if there was any research to support 9th students lack of
matuirty to be successful in geometry. It appears form the letter that
there school has 8th grade algebra, followed by geometry for 9th grade.
Her question was would it be better to have the students take Algebra II
in 9th grade and save geometry for 10th grade?

later.....

Linda Coutts e-mail address: lcoutts@bigcat.missouri.edu
Coordinator Elementary Mathematics
Columbia Public Schools Voice: (314) 886-2233
1206 E. Walnut St FAX: (314) 886-2078
Columbia, MO 65201