Date: Feb 17, 1995 8:10 PM
Author: Karen Dee Michalowicz
Subject: SSI

I am curious about what other states are doing that have received the
NSF grants for their SSI's. At the regional in New Jersey in
the fall I heard abou the New Jersey initiative which is
entirely different than my state's initiative which we call VQUEST.

Are your projects state wide or by district? Do they involve
the whole community or just the math and science communities?
What kinds of professional development is provided for
teachers? How do the teachers qualify?

Thanks. I look forward to the comments.
--

Cheers!

Karen Dee

Math History Lives!

Karen Dee Michalowicz VQUEST Math Lead Teacher/Trainer
Upper School Mathematics Chair Virginia Quality Education
The Langley School in Sciences and Technology
1411 Balls Hill Rd, McLean, VA
22012 USA
703-820-1889(h) 703-356-1920(w)
Fax: (703) 790-9712