Date: Feb 26, 1995 9:42 AM
Author: JANIS
Subject: response to toom et al arguemnt

Rose Marie, I agree with you!! I unsubbed before Christmas because of an interminable
argument about Saxon math and I'm getting seriously tempted to do so again. This
thread is going nowhere useful that I can see. Surely there must be some people out there who would like to discuss more interesting and informative topics!!
BTW, yes teachers, even those with limited math background CAN come up with
examples and problems. To suggest that they can't is to go back to the old
procedural ways of teaching so teachers don't "mess it up".

It was my understanding that the standards state that mathematics is for EVERYONE not just a few. This does not mean reducine it to a recipe

Janis
kristjansson@cbe.ab.ca