Date: May 4, 1995 8:23 AM
Author: Eileen Abrahamson
Subject: Fractals

Wow, everyone must be as busy winding down the school year as we are here!
The traffic has really slowed this week on the list :-)

I have been spending lots of extra time in meetings relatied to designing
math staff development for elementary instructors, and while we were
planning one of the sixth grade teachers brought up fractals. Basically
she was asking are fractals a topic that should be addressed in the
intermediate grades.

I am afraid I could not answer the question, because I do not know what
fractals are, or how the knowledhge of fractals is used in math
professions.

Can anyone help me with an answer?

Thanks
Eileen