Date: Jun 29, 1995 12:59 PM
Author: Marie Theres Peters
Subject: Block scheduling/UCSMP

I teach at a public high school in Delaware.  It has been decided that we
will be teaching on an intensive block schedule (4 periods a day),
starting in the 1995-96 school year. We currently use the UCSMP series
of books.

I am most concerned with the geometry course. Although proponents of the
block schedule tell us that coverage is not as important as the depth of
learning, the teachers whose courses follow mine depend on the students
learning a certain amount of the material. Any suggestions on how to
handle not only the geometry course, but also Algebra I-A (covers
chapters 1-7), and Functions, Statistics, and Trigonometry?

Marie T. Peters
Christiana High School
mtpeters@chopin.udel.edu