Date: Jul 5, 1995 10:30 AM
Author: RBECK@CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU
Subject: Numberaid? Anybody remember?

In the late 50s I was involved (as an elementary student) in some kind of
experimental math program. I was living in southern Illinois at the time. It
must have been involved with a University in the area. Every so often a
visiting "older man" would come to work with us in math and see how we were doing.
I think we called him "Dr." something. The main tool of the program was
called a Numberaid. It looked rather like an abacus.

Has anyone ever heard of this program or know what happened to it? I'm just
curious.

Thanks

Rosemary beck
Resource Math Teacher/Technology coordinator
Holaway elementary School
Tucson AZ
rbeck@ccit.arizona.edu