Date: Jul 12, 1995 1:26 AM
Author: DoctorCHEK@aol.com
Subject: Puritanical Strains

[[[[[[[Harvey,

You misrepresent those of us who, as I previously stated, don't treat the
Standards, or any text, as Scripture. Sounds like you've been contacted
by a puritanical strain. But to suggest that the majority of folks on
this list (or even very many) expect documented proof that all participants
have read the
Standards from cover to cover is clearly overstating things.]]]]]]

Excuse me Mike....but YOU are the one overstating things!
When I said there are THOSE on this list that........., I never mentioned the
word MAJORITY. I clearly said that three (3) people had contacted me via
e-mail to express their concern that people who had not read the standards in
their entirety had no business posting in this area. So Mike...why are you
blowing your cool here and planting words like MAJORITY when I (in FACT) said
three people?????????

When I mention SOME people who treat the Standards as Scripture...did I
mention your name???? So how am I misrepresenting YOU???? I made a general
statement about a small group of people which was 100% ACCURATE based upon my
incoming e-mail. How can you even question what people told me in my private
e-mail??

And BTW....I never mentioned or even suggested that anybody on this list
expected documented proof that all participants have read the Standards from
cover to cover so get your facts straight before you start throwing
puritanical strains about so freely.

Harv Becker