Date: Jun 11, 1995 5:24 PM
Author: BLBRANCH@aol.com
Subject: Re: J. Escalante

Escalante teaches in my district in Sacramento. I have heard nothing positive
from his fellow teachers of whom I am a friend. He brings in grants and big
money but only to himslef, not to the district. I have no doubt that he made
a big impression in LA and did a lot for the kids he inspired. So do many
other teachers daily without grants and big money. His move to our district,
Sacramento City Unified, was supposed to be a miracle. ????Not yet. It think
it's part of the over dramatization of television and one mans
accomplishments. I hope that some good does come from his work in my
district.