Date: Jun 12, 1995 12:19 AM
Author: DanH150093@aol.com
Subject: Re: J. Escalante

Y'all-

There was a nice piece on Escalante and his new experience in Sacramento a
couple of weeks ago in the LA Times. It was a very positive piece; it seems
he's doing the same things he's always done, working early mornings,
Saturdays etc.

My principal was an administrator at Garfield at the time of his success and
he holds Escalante in very high regard. If he's not perfect, you the hell is?

As far as sharing grants with higher ups, the person from Maryland is
absolutely right!! Keep it yourself and do the right thing with it.

Dan Hart
SFHS
LAUSD........ Our motto, "Equity before Excellence"