Date: Mar 14, 1995 11:53 PM
Author: Michael Paul Goldenberg
Subject: responses to Ron Ward's post

Did I miss something? What is the point of what appear to me to be
unprovoked, nasty attacks on Ron Ward's questions? The questions are
clearly intended to stimulate various lines of discussion in anticipation
of NCTM/Boston. Aside from American-bashing, NCTM-bashing, and
mathematics education-bashing, is there another agenda on the table which
I'm overlooking? If the questions aren't worthy of response, don't give
them one. If someone has an axe to grind, why turn it towards Ron Ward
for simply raising some questions? It strikes me as quite odd, frankly.

-michael paul goldenberg/University of Michigan