Date: Mar 18, 1995 9:52 AM
Author: CHAPMAN@APSICC.APS.EDU
Subject: working conditions

I very much appreciated Wayne's comments about loving teaching and
hating the conditions. It has been a tradition throughout my
career and far before it, I'm sure, that whoever teaches does so purely
for the good of mankind and should not sully that wonderful reason
by asking to be paid well and/or treated with respect. It is NO
wonder that our system is in trouble when you look at teachers this
way. Our society tends to put its money where its respect is--
football players, movie starts--etc. But whose job is more
important than ours???? I'll stick with teaching because I love
it--but I deserve better than I get from society!!! (well, from
much of it, anyway) (Oh, I meant movie staRS, obviously)
:-) Cindy Chapman@apsicc.aps.edu