Date: Oct 11, 1995 8:21 AM
Author: Lutemann@aol.com
Subject: Re: armchair educators

In a message dated 95-10-11 00:54:12 EDT, DanH150093 writes:

<< We need real tests to help us motivate our kids. You don't pass; you
aren't promoted!! It's very simple. The only people seemingly incapable of
understanding are the reforming educrats. >>

In our city (a town of 200,000 in the deep South) the public schools scored
way below the the national average in math on the SAT exept in one inner city
school which school scored way above the national average. This was a
"traditional" magnet school that used teaching methods from the 1950's.
Needless to say, every parent practically breaks their neck trying to get
their kids into this school. I think if Mike Goldenberg ( and all the other
"armchair" educators) lived here and had children he'd be breaking his neck
with the rest of them.

Kent

Kent