Date: Feb 8, 2001 6:02 PM
Author: Sharon Peck
Subject: multipling and dividing fractions

I need your help!  Our California state standards require students to
multiply and divide fractions in the fifth grade. Name That Portion
does not address this concept. I was looking through the Connected
Math Series another Dale Seymour Pubication for middle school and see
that multiplication is introducted in the Bits and Pieces II unit.
Students work with multiplication conceptually and then move to
developing the algorithms. Where is division found in this series?
Also any suggestions for teaching multiplication and division
conceptually would be greatly appreciated. Thanks