Date: Oct 13, 2004 12:05 AM
Author: Rob Young
Subject: Multigrade teaching

I teach in a multigrade classroom with students in 4th, 5th , and 6th
grades. Is anyone else doing this, and if so, how do you structure
your day so you can teach multiple math lessons, along with all the
other subjects each day?

This year I am responsible for only the 4th and 5th grade math, but
next year I'll be doing all three grades of math. It is very hard to
do a good job covering the math this year with two groups. How are
others doing this?

It takes about an hour per grade level each day to do planning. Is
this the amount of time others are spending?

Thanks for your input.