Date: Dec 28, 2004 8:59 PM
Author: Karl M. Bunday
Subject: Geometry Textbook Suggestions for Gifted Math Program?

Hi, everyone,

I wonder what you would suggest as a best textbook for a first
high-school-level geometry course for talented students? I'm trying to
gather information to make a suggestion to a local mathematics program.
I am aware of one program that formerly used Gene Murrow and Serge
Lang's textbook Geometry (Springer-Verlag) and in recent years has used
Michael Serra's textbook Discovering Geometry (Key Curriculum Press).
Another textbook I have never seen, but have heard of being used at
gifted magnet schools is Geometry for Enjoyment and Challenge (McDougall
Littell), which has VERY MIXED reviews on

What do you think? If you were recommending a textbook for a class of
students selected for high math ability taking a first secondary-level
geometry course, what would you recommend? What do you like about your
preferred textbook?
Karl M. Bunday P.O. Box 1456, Minnetonka MN 55345
Learn in Freedom (TM)
remove ".de" to email

submissions: post to k12.ed.math or e-mail to
private e-mail to the k12.ed.math moderator:
newsgroup website:
newsgroup charter: