Date: Dec 12, 2004 8:39 PM
Author: Claire Mead
Subject: new funpow rubric for kids

Our new funpow, How Old is Santa Claus?, includes a link to a page
that describes our scoring system. From that scoring page you or your
students can download a printable funpow scoring grid.

Our intention is for you and your students to understand what kinds of
evidence mentors look for when scoring a student's work. We've tried
to make this version of the rubric as kid-friendly as possible, while
keeping the language precise and meaningful. We hope you will spend
some time orienting your students to this document.

Please tell us about your experiences with it. We welcome suggestions
for improvement.

Thanks.
Claire