Date: Jan 20, 2005 7:19 AM
Author: Claire Mead
Subject: [funpow] Dicey Situation

Hi, teachers --

I hope your students (and you!) are enjoying A Dicey Situation.

After looking at the early submissions, the most common error among
those who attempt to be systematic is failing to recognize that Player
A rolling a 6 and Player B rolling a 3 is a different outcome than A
rolling a 3 and B rolling a 6. That oversight does lead to the same
conclusion regarding which player has the advantage, but it neglects
15 outcomes.

It will also have implications for creating a fair scoring system in
the Extra.

Let me know if you have questions or would like an issue addressed.

Thanks for your efforts in teaching problem solving.

Claire