Date: Apr 17, 2005 7:04 PM
Author: HERC777
Subject: Re: say I flip a coin 100 times...

>probability that Herc's first n tosses match any of the
>first n sequences is zero, for all n, so the limit as n
>tends to infinity is also zero.

>In this case, Herc must form a new sequence, because we know
>his sequence is different in at least one place from each of

not only has this conclusion been proven wrong it is a non sequitur.
as n tends to infinity, the sequence is different at the nth place.

0.9.. is different to 0.9 at the 2nd place.
0.9.. is different to 0.99 at the 3rd place.

0.9.. =/= 0.99...9 (n 9s) forall n. so the limit as n tends to infinity
is they are also unequal.

This is the same erronous logic you used on the countable set of cs.

1 hthtthtth..
2 thththth..
3 tttthththt..

is a different type of set to

1 hhththth..
2 thttththth..
3 hhhththth..

Your induction only works on ANY sized finite set of flippers, not an
infinite set.

Herc