Date: Nov 2, 2005 3:48 AM
Author: Jens Benecke
Subject: Re: Optimization with external simulator (SPICE)?

Marcus M. Edvall wrote:

> Hi Jens,

> TOMLAB /CGO is specifically designed for costly global black-box
> optimization. What's the time for one objective function evaluation?

A couple seconds only (~10).
But I have no idea how many iterations I will need. Maybe thousands.

The problem is that I need to implement this myself since this is supposed
to become part of my thesis. So I probably cannot use your product. I would
be grateful for any hints as to whether the opt. toolbox in Matlab is
suitable for this or what other algorithms are useable.

Thank you :-)

Jens Benecke - Europas kostenlose Mitfahrzentrale seit 1998 - Webhosting mit Extras - PHP ab ?9 - SSH ab ?19 - 100% saubere Postfächer, garantiert!