Date: Nov 5, 2005 9:25 PM
Author: Claire Mead
Subject: Three mentoring opportunities

We will have preservice teachers from Western Oregon University providing free mentoring in the next two FunPoWs, beginning Nov 7 and Nov 21.

Another group of mentors from University of Victoria, British Columbia, will provide free mentoring for the Geometry PoW starting Nov 14.

This is a great opportunity for your students to receive feedback on their problem solving. If your students receive replies from a mentor, please encourage them to revise. Your students will learn more, and so will the mentors!

If you haven't already done so, you'll want to purchase one of our Teacher subscriptions for only $20 per school year. See details on the current FunPoW problem page. Subscriptions will be required for viewing and submitting by the end of November. After that you can sign up for a demo account to try out the service before purchasing.

Let us know if you have questions.
Claire
claire@mathforum.org