Date: Feb 22, 2006 8:55 AM
Author: Carol Hart
Subject: [ap-calculus] Power Series

My BC students are just beginning Power Series .. and I have to say how
much fun is to teach the concept with the Foerster text. I used to sort
of dread this relatively difficult concept .. I'm not sure I ever really
understood it completely before I started using this text. I love the way
it is approached. We also use the "Explorations" text - Advanced
Placement Calculus with the TI-89 (Chapter 9 Infinite Sequences and
Series) from Texas Instruments for very concise instructions on how to
calculate and graph the problems.

====
Course related websites:
ap-calculus is an Electronic Discussion Group (EDG) of The College Board, 45 Columbus Avenue, New York, NY 10023-6992

To UNSUBSCRIBE or CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, please use the list website:
http://lyris.collegeboard.com/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=ap-calculus
Logon with your old address and change it under "Your Settings".
Send questions about the list to owner-ap-calculus@lyris.collegeboard.com