Date: Jan 16, 2007 7:06 PM
Author: Jim Shirey
Subject: hs geometry text

i'm tutoring a kid online in hs math and we will be starting geometry soon.  i have been looking for a good text and never thought it would be such a problem.  to put it bluntly, the "standard" texts completely suck.  they use ill-defined terms, "between" being the most common, and toss in postulates that should be theorems.  one book i saw had both SAS and ASA as postulates.  in another commonly used book, the proofs were mostly fill-in-the-blanks.  i almost lost my lunch, and that wasn't the worst.  i ordered a copy of kiselev and i'm getting the singapore math geometry text through interlibrary.  maybe one of those will work out.  meanwhile, does anybody have a suggestion?  this kid is bright and does not need a bunch of mind candy.