Date: Feb 27, 2007 4:52 PM
Author: Adam Haroun
Subject: 11th grade math...

Hello,

I am new to this forum, my name is Adam and I am an 11th grade student from Ottawa, Canada. For me...math is a challenge. To put it lightly. Math is one of the biggest sources of frustration, anxiety, and angst in regards to my school life.

I am enrolled in a course known as MCR3U...if that means anything to anyone on these forums. Essentially, the course is all about functions. Here is a description of the course. http://www.virtualhighschool.com/courses/outlines/mcr3u.asp

Right now, I just completed my first test and it went horribly. I understand that I am probably among many intelligent and skilled inviduals on this forum, so you may or may not know where I am coming from. Math...well, I could go on and on about how much I dislike math and how upset and frustrated it makes me.

However, like it or not, I have to take math as I wish to go into business after high school. I have no idea how I am supposed to manage my math classes...and I am asking everyone here if you can direct me in the way of any online tutorials that may be specifically targeted at a course such as mine? I am looking for an interactive sort of online tutorial that goes STEP BY STEP and dumbs-down matters as far as possible.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam