Date: Apr 29, 2004 11:28 AM
Author: Toni Lassila
Subject: Re: Failing Linear Algebra:

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:53:52 +0000 (UTC), Marc Olschok
<sa796ol@l1-hrz.uni-duisburg.de> wrote:

>Anonymous wrote:
>> Olschok:
>>

>>> If I
>>>table.
>>>
>>>What is an "invertible table" ? By the way, a group is abelian if the
>>>group operation is commutative.

>> Right. So, if you set up a table with all the set members on the horizontal
>> and vertical, it'll form an invertible diagonal because xy = yx.

>An "invertible diagonal" ? ( Are you inventing these on the fly? :-)

Hey, if you don't remember the definitions just invent your own.
Doesn't work as well in math as it does in other fields (no pun
intended) though.

I suppose he means "has a symmetric Cayley table", which is of course
not nearly enough to make it a group.

But if this represents the general level of math understanding of this
person I'd say he's got more stuff to prep on than just linear
algebra.

--
"I'm not interested in mathematics that might have anything
to do with reality." -- Russell Easterly, in sci.math