Date: Jan 13, 2008 8:55 PM
Author: Michael de Villiers
Subject: An example of the discovery function of proof

My homepage has been updated with an article of mine "An example of the discovery function of proof", from Mathematics in School, Sept 2007. The article discusses an example showing how proving can provide insight leading to further generalizations. It can be downloaded at my homepage under Math Articles at http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/profmd/homepage4.html

A new addition to my homepage is a link to JavaSketchpad sketches which allow users the ability to drag and experience dynamic geometry on the internet. Or go directly to http://math.kennesaw.edu/~mdevilli/JavaGSPLinks.htm

My homepage also contains the usual bi-monthly mathematical/mathematics education quote, e-Newsletter with news about conferences, etc., and cartoon at the bottom.

Regards
Michael