Date: Jan 16, 2009 2:43 PM
Author: Alathia Yuhnke
Subject: math/science integration courses

Hi Everyone,

Myself, a science teacher and my principal have begun to research a math/science integrated program for our school. It is the very preliminary stages so we not really sure exactly what we're looking for at other
schools. We have an idea of having an integrated math/science program that is specific only for a select group of kids. The math and science teacher that work with this group would work very closely, tying concepts together in each of the classes.

We are not set on keeping the 4 sciences separate and the math courses separate, maybe some sort of spiral. Or maybe only integrating 2 or 3 years of HS, not all 4.

As you can see, we really aren't sure of what we want. Right now, we are just doing some research. So, if you could please take time to email me back and let me know if you have anything like this in your school or have
ever seen anything like this, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much in advance!

Alathia Yuhnke
Mathematics Teacher
East Aurora High School
716-687-2300 x7130