Date: Dec 11, 2009 8:30 AM
Author: Skerbie
Subject: [ap-stat] Question for AP Graders

I'm positive this question has come up on this list before, so my apologies - I do not have time right now to dig through the archives.

The 3rd edition of YMS makes a big deal out of stating "the sample makes up less than 10% of the overall population" as a check that observations within a sample can be considered independent of one another. However, I rarely see this mentioned as part of the check of assumptions/conditions on the AP scoring rubrics.

Can those of you who grade the AP exam address this? Is the above a statement they need to make for all inference procedures, or not?

Thanks again,
Bill Skerbitz

Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
To unsubscribe click here: