Date: Mar 8, 2010 8:24 PM
Author: Allan Turton
Subject: Re: Inclusive and exclusive definitions... again!

From Walter Whiteley:

I don't have young children around (yet - maybe grandchildren in the future). Overall, children as simply amazing. I wish we connected to more of what they are capable of.

I am not sure I have linked out to the wiki pages of a working group looking at geometry in the early years (pre-school up to grade 3). We have decided to work on a thread of symmetry all the way through to the situations where it is unavoidable - i.e. engineering, chemistry, biology, and sometimes math.

There are some links starting at:
http://wiki.math.yorku.ca/index.php/CMEF_Geometry_Curriculum
and proceeding to some thoughts on early years, etc.

Walter