Date: May 12, 2010 11:27 AM
Author: Craig Russell
Subject: "Security" as a financial category

Internet and other scams trying to collect financial information from naive internet users (such as teens and pre-teens) are successful because students aren't aware of how insidious such scam artists can be.  I'm not sure of a math connection to this issue, but I will think about it more.  Certainly checking the "https://" part of a web address, before entering credit card or other personal info, should be important, and there is math in the crypto-system behind that security, but the math is quite far removed from "finances."