Date: May 13, 2010 10:52 AM
Author: Valerie Klein
Subject: Re: "Security" as a financial category

I think this is definitely an important area and the impacts of being a victim of identity theft are large. I think there are likely some important mathematical concepts connected to this area. One thing is to be able to examine the "reasonableness" of an offer, what does it mean for things to be "too good to be true." So maybe comparison of different offers and thinking about how the business model might work (on a simple scale) and if making money would be possible. Along side that information about website security?  Do you think that makes sense?