Date: Jun 2, 2010 4:42 PM
Author: Michael Paul Goldenberg
Subject: New Post at RME: "I Saw Mathematics Education Future and Its Name Is Dan Me

Please read the latest post at RationalMathEd: "I Saw Mathematics Education Future and Its Name Is Dan Meyer"

Excerpt: Some thinkers/innovators and their ideas are simply too good for even the media to miss. Dan Meyer is one such thinker. He happens to be, amongst other things, a high school mathematics teacher in Felton, CA, barely a stone's throw from Santa Cruz. He teaches geometry to kids he describes in ways that makes them sound like non-enthusiasts in mathematics, at least when they enter his classes in the fall.

Dan blogs at dy/dan on a variety of issues related to teaching mathematics, but his most innovative contribution thus far, in my view, has been a series of problems, lessons, and pedagogical experiments collected under the label "What Can You Do With This? (WCYDWT?)

Read the entire post at: http://tinyurl.com/26syjkc