Date: Sep 1, 2000 8:06 AM
Author: Tena Len Roepke
Subject: History

One of my teaching assignments for this year will be to teach math
history to a group of primarily pre-service grades 4-9 mathematics
teachers. I'm excited about this but am asking for some input concerning
content for the course, textbook, resources, ways to make this material
relevant to these students given math background and future ambitions to
teach math in the middle grades. These students will have a background
in our standard el. ed. math courses, algebra/trig, introductory
statistics, finite math, and at least two quarters of calculus.

Please send any ideas or positive suggestions via private e-mail to
t-roepke@onu.edu. Thanks in advance for your help.

Tena Roepke
Ohio Northern University