Date: Nov 15, 2010 9:03 PM
Author: Henik Vargas
Subject: pwelch power correction factor

Hi all,

I am doing some spectrum analysis and I am thinking of using the pwelch function with a hann window. Now, I understand that application of a window reduces the power of the signal, so usually a correction or scaling factor has to be applied.

My question is, does anyone know if the pwelch function applies this correction factor? I implemented my own welch function to compare and the result is identical, except that MATLAB's pwelch function seems to ignore the correction factor (or I am doing something wrong)

Thank you,