Date: Mar 18, 2011 8:17 AM
Author: Cynthia E. Chin
Subject: [ap-calculus] catenary lesson plan?

As club advisor, I am chaperoning a group of students at a conference of the National Society of Black Engineers in St. Louis next week.  I just found out that our hotel is right next door to the Arch.

Knowing that my teacher instincts will kick in as soon as we are within sight of the monument, I'm wondering if anyone has an introductory high-school lesson on catenary curves that s/he would be willing to share. I have 6 pre-calc students, 1 AP Stats, and 1 Calc BC.

Thanks for any suggestions--not sure if I will have time to mount a thorough search of my own. Replies off-line are OK.
====
Course related websites:
---
To unsubscribe click here: