Date: Jul 21, 2011 9:16 AM
Author: Angela Flynn
Subject: [ap-stat] HELP!!

Hi everyone... I am looking for some help this year as a first time AP Stats teacher.  Here is my story:

For the last two years, I have been teaching a senior-level statistics course. I will still be teaching this "regular" stats course, but we have added a section of AP statistics this year. Looking at the textbook I have and the one I will be using for AP - Stats: Modeling the World by Bock etc., the content of the class is very similar and I at least feel prepared on a knowledge level basis. I have even had 3 students try taking the AP exam during the last two years and my students received a 4, 2, and 2. The other part of my situation is that I am having a baby at the end of October and will be gone for 2nd quarter. We have an 8 period day with 47 minutes in each class.

I have many questions and if you can answer ANY of them, it would be greatly appreciated:
1. What is the break-down of your students' grades? (How much do you weigh tests, homework, participation, projects, etc.)
2. How much homework do you give?
3. How often do you give quizzes? tests?
4. As we get closer to the exam in May, how much time do you take to review?
5. What does a "normal" day look like?
6. How often do you lecture?
7. Do you require the students to read the chapters on their own?

Ok I think that's it for now... but I will probably think of something later. Thank you so much for input!
Frequently asked questions (FAQ: http://www.mrderksen.com/faq.htm
---
To unsubscribe click here: