Date: Aug 3, 2011 6:06 PM
Author: Ann Murray
Subject: Calculator Policy

We are moving from a block schedule to an 8 period day because of the
elimination of the January Regents exams.

And this has produced a serious calculator shortage, among other issues.

I'm requesting the purchase of more, but the administration would like to
know how other schools handle the distribution of calculators. Currently,
we have class sets for Integrated Algebra and Geometry students, but issue
calculators (like textbooks) for Algebra II/Trig, PreCalculus and Calculus.

Would you take a minute and describe how you distribute calculators - or do
you require students to purchase their own?

Thanks so much.

Ann Murray
Dover High School
Eastern Dutchess County