Date: Dec 2, 2011 3:42 PM
Author: Marcio Barbalho
Subject: Re: Double integration

"Roger Stafford" wrote
> - - - - - - - - -
> It is my guess that you will never find a double integral solution to this particular problem of yours unless you do things numerically at some stage. I also doubt that Mupad or Maple will try experimenting with a polar coordinate change that could simplify the inner integral. What have you got against numerical methods, Marcio?
>
> Roger Stafford

I have abso-bloody-lutely nothing against numerial integration. In actuality, I love numerical methods, of course, that does not mean I am an expert. I am just a junior engineer who loves maths and eventually find it interesting to play with calculus on rainy weekends.

Alright... my question is... how do I solve the inner integral numerically if the upper limit is not a number but an expression? I tried with the substitutions you proposed it pushed me to the drawing board, meaning it hit some point that neither mupad nor maple could go any further.

Thank you