Date: Jan 12, 2012 7:47 AM
Author: Jaime Carvalho e Silva
Subject: ICMI News - number twenty one

The twenty first number of the bimonthly email Newsletter from the
ICMI-International Commission on Mathematical Instruction
is out. It includes the following contents:

CONTENTS
1. Editorial: A Very Brief History of Korean Language and Scholarship
2. ICME-12: TSG, WSG, posters, registration
3. ICME-12: Mathematical Carnival
4. ICME-12: Grants for delegates from non-affluent countries
5. ICME-12: The fifth appetizer
Quality teaching of mathematical modelling ? what do we know, what can we do?
6. ICME-13 will be in Hamburg in 2016
7. ICMI Study 22: first meeting of the IPC
8. Database Project Researcher
9. Pipeline Researcher & Individual Country Data Collectors
10. News from IMU
11. Calendar of Events of Interest to the ICMI Community
12. Subscribing to ICMI News

This issue can be accessed here:
http://www.mathunion.org/pipermail/icmi-news
The next number of this newsletter will be published in February 2012.
Those who want to receive the next number of this newsletter
should subscribe to it.
There are two ways of subscribing to ICMI News:

1. Click on http://www.mathunion.org/index.php?id=674 with a Web browser
and go to the "Subscribe" button to subscribe to ICMI News on-line.

2. Send an e-mail to icmi-news-request@mathunion.org with the Subject-line:
Subject: subscribe

In both cases you will get an e-mail to confirm your subscription so
that misuse will be minimized. ICMI will not use the list of ICMI News
addresses for any purpose other than sending ICMI News, and will not
make it available to others.