Date: Feb 6, 2012 7:30 AM
Author: justik
Subject: 2D transformation, find outlying pairs of points and ommit fro the key

There are n matched pairs of points in 2D. How to identify outlying pairs of points according to Affine / Helmert transformation and ommit them from the transformtaion key. We do not exactly number of such outlying pairs.

I can not use Trimmed Least Squares method because there is an basic assumption that a k percentage of pairs is correct. But we do not have any information about the sample and do not know the k... In such a sample of all pairs could be correct or vice versa.

Which types of algorithms are suitable for this problem?