Date: Feb 10, 2012 7:28 AM
Author: Phil Wayne
Subject: Learning games

Hi all,

I'm an Open University computer science student and am doing my project this year to complete my degree. I am planning to do an arcade game to give kids (probably 10-12 years) practice at mental arithmetic. The plan is for it to be available over the web and to be multiplayer so there is some competition.

Really I need some opinions from math teachers on this. Do you think these sort of games are effective and worthwhile? I've read some research that says they are but it would be nice to hear from teachers.

Any feedback appreciated. Also I posted this on the technology forum but it's a bit quite there and I haven't got any replies.

Many Thanks
Phil Wayne