Date: Jul 13, 2012 1:56 PM
Author: Jonathan Ambs
Subject: New and Hopefully Improved Calculator

    Last year I had a conversation with a social studies teachers about the correct order of solving math problems with multiple operations, and he told me he never learned how to do this. I knew how to program in C, so I wrote a couple of programs that show how to solve problems one step at a time, and I've put them on iTunes for free.  I'm trying to get feedback prior to the beginning of the school year, and I was hoping your group could help me. You can find the program by searching for "ABTC" in iTunes or you can follow this hyperlink.  If you believe other math teachers might be interested in this, I would appreciate it if you would pass it on to them.  Any thoughts or comments that you have would be appreciated.  Thank you so much.

Jonathan Ambs