Date: Jul 13, 2012 1:56 PM
Author: Jonathan Ambs
Subject: New and Hopefully Improved Calculator

    Last year I had a conversation with a social studies teachers about the correct order of solving math problems with multiple operations, and he told me he never learned how to do this. I knew how to program in C, so I wrote a couple of programs that show how to solve problems one step at a time, and I've put them on iTunes for free.  I'm trying to get feedback prior to the beginning of the school year, and I was hoping your group could help me. You can find the program by searching for "ABTC" in iTunes or you can follow this hyperlink.  http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/abtc-calculator/id541357545?mt=8.  If you believe other math teachers might be interested in this, I would appreciate it if you would pass it on to them.  Any thoughts or comments that you have would be appreciated.  Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Ambs